Thursday, October 29, 2009

The End of an Era

Alas, we will not be fostering for the foreseeable future. Certain complexities have entered our lives, and we are a) forced to move to a new location, and b) have taken over the care of an entirely non-feline person which will make fostering essentially impossible. I implore my two or three avid readers to not delete their bookmarks though -- I intend to scan some older, pre-digital age images and post them eventually, but my rapid-fire posting rate averaging just under two posts per month is not guaranteed...

In the meantime, this is Arbor. He was picked up in the Arnold Arboretum in Jamaica Plain. He was another tough case, with some pretty bad manners. Get a load of the tail on him, though:


If that thing were prehensile, nobody in the universe would be safe. He was a very sweet boy, seriously -- very sweet:


6 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

I just found you, and you will be missed. Who knows, some day you may want to vent or brag and a blog is a great place to escape to.

Good luck with your new charge, you are a kind soul, and your place would be a great place to find

qutins said...

Aww, i love the pic of him snoozing on your chest, so adorable!!

Mari said...

I'm so sorry to hear, but I wish you all the best! I've enjoyed lurking your blog for a long time and I'm sad to hear there won't be anymore kitty pictures in the near future.

I hope everything goes okay on your end and you return to us one day!

:)

Katy ~ said...

Dagnabit. I just found you today and now you're leaving. I am absolutely mad for cats. Your pictures make me smile, me me sad, make me glad that there are folks like who who could foster these sweet sweet babies. You are just top drawer.

kaje said...

Ahhh! He's eating your face!

Jamie Reysen said...

I will be writing an article this weekend about the MSPCA and the Boston ACAC specifically. I wanted to speak with someone who has fostered kittens, so if you're interested in briefly sharing your experiences in a 5 minute phone interview or via e-mail, please e-mail me at Jamie_Reysen@emerson.edu
Thanks,
Jamie